Sam and his dad don’t eat sweets as often as I do (they’re crazy right?)…but, when they do eat something sweet, it is usually a huge slice of cheesecake. Cheesecake is wonderful, but it’s really hard to find a vegan cheesecake that isn’t made with nuts. My difficult journey searching for nut-free cheesecakes forced me to create my own and here is what I came up with! A raw, gluten-free, nut-free, vegan, strawberry shortcake ‘cheesecake’!
Strawberry Coconut Shortcake ‘Cheesecake’ Recipe
- 1 Tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 3/4 Package of Coconut Meat.
- 1 Cup Strawberries.
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup.
- 1 Tsp Vanilla.
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon.
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon.
- 1 Tbsp Date Syrup.
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon.
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds.
- 1 Cup Dates.
- 1/2 Cup Hemp Hearts.
- In a food processor blend up the coconut meat
- Chop Strawberries. Blend in food processor with coconut meat
- Add in lemon juice, vanilla, and maple syrup
- Add in Cinnamon
- Add in Nutritional Yeast
- Soak Medjool dates overnight.
- Chop 1 cup of dates and blend in vitamix
- Chop 1 cup of pumpkin seeds and blend.
- Add in hemp hearts.
- Add in date syrup & cinnamon.
- Line a circular cake pan with parchment paper .
- Pour in the crust mixture & flatten
- Pour in the filling & smooth it out.
- (optional) Top with strawberries.
- Freeze until the cake sets (ours took about two hours).
- Let sit for 30 minutes, cut, & serve.